Subscribe to the WebMistress Service
Keep your website under strict discipline with our WebMistress Service.
This service is for busy professionals who are so busy doing what they do that they don’t want to fool with all this tedious stuff. That’s what geeks-for-hire are for.
For a $55 monthly fee for one website (that we designed), we’ll do the following for you:
- Host your website at no additional charge if you would like us to
- Provide at least 17 WordPress training videos embedded right in your Dashboard
- Periodically check under the hood of your site and make sure everything is still safe, secure, and running right. Expect to get test emails from us through your contact forms, etc.
- Keep your installations and scripts up to date so that they don’t leave gaping holes for hackers. Thanks to this service, NONE of our clients were left vulnerable to the WordPress Worm that hit a lot of folks – even super-famous ones – over Labor Day Weekend 2009.
- Keep backup copies of the database(s) that run your site, because databases are notoriously moody and sometimes they just decide to take a powder for no apparent reason.
- Make minor graphics updates and changes to the copy on your site as you need it, in a timely fashion. We’ve all had our requests go into that circular inbox for webmasters, no?
- Did you write a new page of content and you don’t even want to think about uploading it, formatting it, adding photos, video, or hyperlinks, or figuring out how to set up navigation links to it? No problem – just shoot as an email with the page in a Word or Pages document and we will make it so.
- The only type of changes that would typically incur additional charges would be things that require more than 30 minutes of graphic design or coding work, and then you would receive a greatly reduced fixed-price estimate for it before the work is done. Non-support clients must pay a minimum of $150 for similar items, and then a $95/hourly rate.
- Offer discounts if you want an actual design overhaul later on down the road – a full design project is eligible for a 10% discount off the regular rate.
- Note: third-party software integrations can add to the monthly fee, as we support all facets of your site.
- Note: if you’re using a friendly, helpful host like HostGator or Bluehost that excels in managing WordPress websites and offers 24/7 live chat, we’ll usually go the extra mile for you in working with the host to resolve issues. If, however, you’re using a smaller, or less WordPress-friendly host, we may have to ask you to deal with direct hosting support issues, like not allowing WordPress to have the permissions it needs to upload plugins. The most efficient way for us to support your website is for you to choose our free hosting, which is built on HostGator.
Basically, we’re here to be here for you, rather than disappearing or becoming unavailable, grumpy, and mumbling unintelligibly whenever you have a question for us as soon as the last design bill is paid.
If you subscribe within 14 days of your site launch, there is no set-up fee. If you didn’t subscribe when your site launched, but now wish to do so, your subscription is subject to a $150 setup fee per website before becoming active.
As one client recently said, “I want to be a content expert, not a technical expert.” – so pass the geek baton to us!
This service is ONLY available to Rowboat Media design clients – we don’t take responsibility for maintaining code we didn’t create, because it causes excess profanity.
We keep our clients long term by making it easy for them to leave whenever they want to.
Just let us know and we’ll instruct you on how to cancel your service . If you’re hosted with us, too, we need 30 days notice to help make your transition to a new host or hosting account a smooth one. For more details, see our Customer Service Policies.